Lazio is perhaps most famous for being home to Italy’s capital – Rome. Steeped in history, culture and spirituality, Rome is a truly amazing city – but, as Adam discovers, Rome isn’t the only area in Lazio that is a cultural hub. Adam explores Roman ruins and discovers just how much the ancient Romans impacted the world, and also looks at the historical records of what ancient Romans ate and drank. Adam travels to Amatrice, which is home to the ‘amatriciana’ sauce, which is famous enough to have its own festival. Adam travels to the festival to taste test some variations of amatriciana, and tries his hand at his own Bucatini all’Amatriciana.
Episode 6 – Lazio: Videos
Tubular Spaghetti with Pig Cheek and Pecorino
Tubular Spaghetti with Pig Cheek and Pecorino Recipe
IngredientsSan Remo Reg No6 Tube Spaghetti 500g
1 tbsp olive oil
250g pig cheek
700g tomato passata
Grated Pecorino cheese, to garnish
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Dice pig cheek and cook in pan for five minutes on low heat, to render the fat.
- Add passata and bring to a simmer.
- When cooked, add pasta to the sauce.
- Serve with grated pecorino.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course