Adam visits Pistoia, a city famous for two diverse things: its metalworking industry, and its beautiful gardens. In the final episode in this series, Adam explores Pistoia, sampling local fare, watching a metalworker craft a knife, finds out how pasta dies are made and tries his hand at cooking the famous local dish Penna alla Boscaiola, otherwise known as “Woodman’s Pasta”. Adam reflects on his pilgrimage in Tuscany, and brings together all his new knowledge to create a dish inspired by rich Tuscan cuisine.
Episode 19 – Pistoia: Videos
Mushroom, Chestnut & Pancetta Pasta Forno
Mushroom, Chestnut & Pancetta Pasta Forno Recipe
Ingredients1 pkt San Remo Wagon Wheels
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 shallots, peeled & finely diced
400g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
150g sliced pancetta, finely diced
1 cup chestnut meat, sliced
2 cups of cream
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper
½ cup grated parmesan
1tsp black truffle paste
- Pre heat the oven to 200c.
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil and butter on medium heat.
- Place Swiss brown mushrooms and shallots to the pan and cook for 3 to 4mins or until just soft.
- Cook pasta as per packet directions
- Add pancetta to mushrooms and cook until pancetta is just turning crispy.
- Pour cream into pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce sauce, until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Next add truffle, stir through and turn off heat. Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to pan.
- Toss through the pasta and evenly place into 4 small baking bowls or 1large baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan over pasta and crumble chestnuts over the top.
- Bake in oven for 10mins or until pasta is crispy.