Join Adam as he ventures out from Florence and into the quiet Tuscany countryside, seeking to uncover the rich history of the princely Corsini Family, from their comprehensive archives dating back to 13th century, to their links with Machiavelli. He then heads south to see the giant white cows of Val di Chiana and learns the secrets to cooking bistecca fiorentina.
Episode 14 – Tuscany: Videos
Beef Ragu with Curly Fettuccine
Beef Ragu with Curly Fettuccine Recipe
Ingredients1 Packet San Remo Curly Fettucine
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup chopped red onion, carrot and celery
1 cloves Garlic
½ cup fresh parsley
1 kilo minced beef
½ bottle Chianti
1 bottle tomato sugo
Parmesan, to garnish
- Finely dice onion, carrot, celery and chop garlic and parsley.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add chopped ingredients. Gently fry, with a pinch of salt, until all vegetables are soft; about 5-10 minutes.
- Add minced beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the meat starts to brown, add the Chianti and stir.
- Raise temperature to high until mixture is boiling, to cook Chianti down by half.
- Add bottle of tomato sugo and cook over low heat for a minimum of 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water.
- Using tongs add the drained past to the sauce and stir until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan.