IngredientsSan Remo Reg CousCous
2 calamari, cleaned and sliced thinly
8 large whole green prawns, shells removed
800g canned diced tomatoes
1 litre fish stock
½ cup white wine
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic
1 red chili
1 small brown onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
300g snapper or barramundi, cut into 1cm cubes
Zest of 1 lemon
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course, Entrée, Entertaining
- Heat oil in a big pot. Add chopped onion, chili, garlic and parsley stalks (you will use the leaves later in the recipe). Sauté for two minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Pour fish stock and canned tomatoes into the pot, and bring to the boil.
- Add the seafood into the pot and simmer for five minutes. After five minutes, taste and season as needed.
- Turn off the heat and cover pot.
- Put CousCous in a bowl and add 1 cup of boiling water. Cover with a plate and let stand for five minutes. When absorbed, fluff with a fork.
- Serve CousCous onto a plate and ladle the seafood and sauce onto the CousCous, and season with lemon zest and chopped parsley leaves.