IngredientsSan Remo Reg No43 Orrechiette 500g
Pecorino, to garnish
½ bunch fresh Basil
500g tub ricotta
1 packet friselle bread
1 tbsp olive oil
200g jar capers
1 jar sun dried tomatoes in oil
3 sprigs fresh mint
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Meal Occasion: Main course
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water (approx. 5 mins).
- In food processor blitz oil, capers, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and mint.
- If required add a little oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar.
- Blitz to a smooth sauce.
- Add heaped tbsp fresh ricotta and blitz.
- Mix sauce into hot pasta and stir through to evenly coat the Orrechiette.
- Crumble friselle bread and place into the base of a baking dish (this stops the pasta sticking to the dish).
- Top with pasta mix and spread evenly over crumbled friselle.
- Top with dollops of ricotta.
- Cover with layer of crumbled friselle (this traps the moisture in)
- Sprinkle with pecorino cheese and bake in 200 degree oven for 15 minutes.